Our vehicle transportation services include local drop-off, or door-to-door delivery, collection and movement of all cars. For professional and reliable car transport service inside South Africa or Internationally, contact us on 0861 28 28 88 for more information on vehicle transportation.
International Pet Transportation
Pet transportation can be a stressful experience for both you and your pets. We have the experience and knowledge to arrange trauma-free pet transportation to your new home within South Africa.
Smart Removals is able to provide access to specialist pet transport organisations that will be able to advise you on specific restrictions and provide the International Transport Service. Please contact us for more information.
Domestic Pet Transportation
Some things you can do to ease the stress of moving your pets to your new home:
1. Before leaving, schedule a veterinary examination to check your pet's health, obtain copies of vaccination records and a health certificate (if required), update identification tags, and discuss a tranquilizer or precautionary measures for the trip.
2. If travelling to your new home by car, make sure to get your pet comfortable to vehicle travel by taking it on short trips around the neighbourhood
3. Don't feed your pet for seven hours prior to your trip, pack a container of fresh, cool water, and stop frequently for walks
4. If stopping at a hotel overnight, make sure the hotel is pet friendly – we can assist you in finding one if needed
5. Never leave your pet in the car alone
6. Birds and small pets such as hamsters can travel in their carriers if the carrier can be placed in a stable, well ventilated area free of drafts (covering the carrier while the car is moving often calms an animal)
If shipping your pet by air, contact the airline well in advance to check regulations and services:
1. Consider direct flights to minimize the amount of time your pet will be confined
2. Select a portable air-transport carrier that is large enough for your pet to stand and able to move around a bit
3. Let your pet become accustomed to the carrier well in advance of the trip
4. Don't forget to mark the carrier with "Live Animal," your pet's name, your new address and phone number, and any special handling instructions
5. After boarding your plane, ask the flight attendant to confirm your pet has been loaded on the plane
If you require any other information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 0861 28 28 88
Cape Town - Head Office
Phone: 0861 28 28 88 (8am – 5pm)
Cell: 076 137 8557 (8am – 5pm)